Dr. Bindu Sthalekar
Dr Bindu Sthalekar
Founder & Chief Dermatologist
Dr Bindu Sthalekar is a celebrity Dermatologist, Trichologist & Cosmetologist practicing in Bombay for more than 25 years. She has completed her graduation and post-graduation (MD, DVD) in dermatology from T. N. Medical College & Nair Hospital, Bombay University. She was one of the first few Dermatologists from India to foray into Cosmetology & Anti aging Medicine by training with the finest doctors in UK, USA & France. With her knowledge and experience of Indian skin she became one of the pioneers to introduce Botox ,Fillers and Lasers in India. She is the Medical Head and Founder of Skin Smart Solutions clinics located at Bandra and South Mumbai.
She has not only treated some of our leading industrialists and celebrities , her patients also include people from all walks of life across India and abroad .She treats every person holistically as she believes that beauty isn’t just skin deep but is also a reflection of our healthy body and mind.
She has been invited as a speaker on numerous national and international platforms. She is a well known speaker at public education platforms like Band Baja Baraat, USV’s educational programs on ZOOM, Radio channels like Mid Day FM station. She has written for publications like Upper Crust, Bombay Times, Cosmopolitan, Femina, Savvy, Times of India, Vogue, Cine Blitz and Afternoon. Dr Bindu is one of the skin & hair experts for Glamrs- a health and beauty portal.
Her expertise in treatments extends from dermatological ailments to aesthetic treatments like Botox, fillers, lasers and much more. In recent times, she has been one of the pioneers of the Plasma Replacement Therapy in India (PRP) and is considered as one of the few dermatologists in the world who understands South Asian skin and hair deeply. She was a consultant at St. Elizabeth Hospital , Sir Hurkisondas Hospital and Breach Candy Hospital. Dr Bindu also conducts frequent training sessions for budding dermatologists in cosmetology and aesthetic medicine.Memberships and Associations:
- Faculty Member and trainer, Allergan Medical Institute
- Qualified Laser Physician
- Qualified trainer for Botox & Fillers
- Advisory Board Member on Indian Facial Aesthetics Expert Group Nov 2015: To discuss the Indian facial aesthetic clinical landscape & current trend in the combined usage of Botulinum toxin & fillers in Indian patients.
- Advisory Board Member, the 1st Interdisciplinary Consensus Building meeting on the Management of PCOS: An Indian Fertility Society Initiative, June 2014
- Member of American Academy of Dermatology
- Member of The Indian Academy of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology
- Member of The European Academy of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology
- Member of The World Society of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Member of Cosmetic Dermatology Society (India)
- 2019 – Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Gold Medal Award
- Aug-2019 – Featured in the India Today ( Independence Issue) List of “ Top Docs” Mumbai.
- 30 Aug-2019 – “ Excellence in the field of Dermatology” - Award by The Sindhi chamber of Commerce and The Economic Times
- 2018- “ Indian of the year – Cosmetic Dermatology” - by the Indian Affairs Business Leaders
- 2017- “ Transformational and Innovative woman skincare leader of the Decade” - By Pharma Leaders.
- 2017- “Excellence in Business” - Award from Stree Astitva Group.
- 2002- “Special Appreciation Award” - From giants group .
- 1988 - “Dr.F. Handa Prize” - For study on Acne Vulgaris